2021 Sep 29th – Oct 4th
Location: Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Welcome to the British Virgin Islands!
The Wandering Moms staff will be waiting to greet you at the Scrub Island Resort! Here is where our yachts will be waiting for us to board.
During our kick-off toast, we’ll say cheers to freedom for the next 6 days!
We will start our first evening with a few activities to get to know one another or reconnect with one another. We’ll also enjoy a special welcome dinner just for us!
Regardless of what time you arrive, you will have access to the amenities at Scrub Island. Enjoy the pool, the beach, and especially the bars.
Let’s Set Sail!!
Time to soak up all the sun we’ve been missing! We’ll get “stuck in traffic” with the sunshine, the clouds, the ocean, and the fish of the Caribbean Sea.
Your onboard chef will start your day with breakfast on board, you and your fellow yacht mommas will enjoy lounging around your chartered yacht in the kitchen area or even on deck.
**these are sample photos of chartered yachts, each yacht will vary**
Make for North Lee Bay, Fallen Jerusalem, for amazing swimming and snorkeling among vibrant marine life.
We’ll end our island visit at Virgin Gorda’s “North Sound” and enjoy drinks and dinner at the Leverick Bay Resort and Marina.
How often do you get to just kick it with your homies in the middle of the ocean?!?!
We’ll get to spend another day at sea! Enjoy floating in the ocean without a care in the world.
It won’t be all sleeping in the ocean getting tanned. We’ll stop by another island to explore, eat, drink, and be merry.
Our crew will sail to the low-lying coral island of Anegada to see flamingos, salt ponds and white sandy beaches.
We can’t leave without rocking out a photo shoot. We’ll organize a group photo shoot that’s sure to memorialize this incredible experience.
Our yachts will turn back towards Scrub Island so we can place foot on solid ground.
We’ll check into our villas and get cozy with our ocean views, well appointed rooms, and comfortable beds!
We will have our full run of the place – beach, paddle boarding, kayaking, BARS!!
Also, we’ll take some time to explore the downtown area for shopping/sightseeing.
Sunday will be a day of relaxation.
Our day will begin with a light breakfast followed by a yoga and meditation session.
Brunch will be served especially for our group and we’ll drink all the mimosas we could want…with no children in sight.
We’ll also enjoy spa services and spend the day just relaxing, which is exactly what mothers should be doing on Mother’s Day!
YACHT MOMMMA COST
6 days and 5 nights of fun, relaxation, exploration, and bonding with other moms.
We have a total of 40 spaces available.
Please note this trip is for mother’s only. You can bring your daughter if she is over 21.
Price: $2,900 for villa, $2,500 for an Ocean view room
*payment plans available*
*Price is for 1 person and assumes double occupancy. Each person must register and pay separately**
Single Occupancy Rate: $750
RESERVATION IS CLOSED!
Registration is closed for this trip, but we do have another Momcation for Mother’s Day 2022 in South Africa!
The price includes:
- Airport/Ferry transfer to and from Scrub Island Resort
- Welcome Gift
- 3 days/3 nights on a chartered yacht
- Skipper, chef, and provisioning on yacht
- Visit to 2 islands
- Activities and meals on the islands
- Beach or Yacht Photoshoot
- Water sports:
- Paddle Boarding
- Water Trampoline
- 3 days/2 nights in a 5-star resort villa
- Yoga session
- Meditation session
- 30 minute spa service (massage, facial, scrub)
- Welcome Dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on Days 2 – 5
- Breakfast on Day 6
- Some alcoholic beverages
A reservation fee of $150 is required to reserve your space.
Installment payments are available.
Accounts with payments more than 45 days late will have their trip cancelled and their space resold.
We strongly encourage all of our guests to purchase travel insurance to protect your investment. Most insurance requires you to purchase a policy within 60 days of purchasing a trip. You will receive some information on travel insurance agencies to help you make your purchase. We will also send you a reminder to purchase a policy and require that you certify that you have either purchased a policy or that you have chosen not to and understand you are personally liable.
At the resort, all of the rooms come with a King size bed. You will be bunking with another mom, unless you pay the single occupancy fee.
On the boat, you should expect to bunk with another mom. We will not be able to accommodate single occupancy requests for this portion of the trip.
Once you pay your deposit, you’ll receive the following:
- Your receipt (within 24 hours)
- The satisfaction of knowing that your Mother’s Day is going to be AH-MAZING (IMMEDIATELY)
Within 90 days of the trip, you will receive the following:
- Link to join our WhatsApp group
- A reminder to complete your traveler profile
- Invitation to a monthly conference call
Within 60 days of the trip, you will receive the following:
- City Details (language, exchange rate, climate, etc.)
- Customs information
- Packing Suggestions
Within 30 days of the trip, you will receive the following:
- Invitation to a weekly conference call
- Transfer and check-in details
- Transportation to/from Tortola, BVI
- Services and tours not listed
- Visa costs, if applicable
- Passport fees, if applicable
When booking your travel, we suggest arriving NO LATER than Wednesday, September 29th, as the group will be setting sail on Thursday, September 30th in the morning.
VIA SAN JUAN (SJU):
The most convenient international airport to Scrub Island is in San Juan, Puerto Rico (airport code SJU).
- From San Juan, catch a short connecting flight with scheduled service via Seaborne Airlines, Cape Air or interCaribbean Airways to the British Virgin Islands airport, Beef Island/Tortola (airport code EIS).
- Seaborne Airlines has 32-seat, air-conditioned planes and code share with Delta Airlines, American Airlines, and US Airways.
- Cape Air has small 9-seat aircraft and code share with Jet Blue Airways.
- interCaribbean Airways has a 30-seat aircraft and code share with British Airways, out of Antigua.
- Exclusive charter service is also available via Virgin Gorda Air Charter BVI, connecting Beef Island/Tortola (EIS) with service from/to San Juan (SJU), or to/from St. Thomas (STT).
VIA ST. THOMAS (STT):
You can get to Scrub Island through St. Thomas, USVI. Once in St. Thomas, catch a short taxi ride to Charlotte Amalie Ferry Dock.
- Island Time offers private water taxis from the St. Thomas Airport (STT). Learn more here.
- There are three daily fast ferries to Road Town Tortola. (12:00, 2:00 and 4:00 p.m.) The 4:00 p.m. ferry is the last ferry of the day, so it’s important to arrive in St. Thomas with plenty of time. Ferry schedule
- The ferry fees range from $55–60 round-trip from Charlotte Amalie to Road Town, Tortola. You will clear BVI Customs in Road Town.
- Once in Road Town, catch a taxi to Trellis Bay ferry dock. The taxi ride averages $27 one-way.
You can pay for your flight over time by using Airfordable. It’s basically layaway for flights! Cool, right?
You’ll get $25 off your flight by using our link here.