Hey mommas!! For Mother’s Day 2020, we are trading in our commute to school pick-ups and drop-offs for an over water commute on our very own chartered yachts!! Sounds way better than being stuck in traffic listening to Kidz Bop, am I right?
Dates: May 6th – May 11th
Location: Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Wednesday, May 6th
Welcome to the British Virgin Islands!
The Wandering Moms staff will be waiting to greet you at the Scrub Island Resort! Here is where our yachts will be waiting for us to board.
During our kick-off toast, we’ll say cheers to freedom for the next 6 days!
We will start our first evening with a few activities to get to know one another or reconnect with one another. We’ll also enjoy a special welcome dinner just for us!
Regardless of what time you arrive, you will have access to the amenities at Scrub Island. Enjoy the pool, the beach, and especially the bars.
Thursday, May 7th
Let’s Set Sail!!
Our commute is about to be VERY different than what we’re used to. Let’s get “stuck in traffic” with the sun, the ocean, and the fish of the Caribbean Sea.
Your onboard chef will start your day with breakfast on board, you and your fellow yacht mommas will enjoy lounging around your chartered yacht in the kitchen area or even on deck.
**these are sample photos of chartered yachts, each yacht will vary**
We’ll head to Virgin Gorda and the Baths Marine Park for a snorkel or hike to Devil’s Bay through the maze of giant boulders on the beach.
Make for North Lee Bay, Fallen Jerusalem, for amazing swimming and snorkeling among vibrant marine life.
We’ll end our island visit at Virgin Gorda’s “North Sound” and enjoy drinks and dinner at the Leverick Bay Resort and Marina.
Friday, May 8th
How often do you get to just kick it with your homies in the middle of the ocean?!?!
We’ll get to spend another day at sea! Enjoy floating in the ocean without a care in the world.
It won’t be all sleeping in the ocean getting tanned. We’ll stop by another island to explore, eat, drink, and be merry.
Our crew will sail to the low-lying coral island of Anegada to see flamingos, salt ponds and white sandy beaches.
We can’t leave without rocking out a photo shoot. We’ll organize a group photo shoot that’s sure to memorialize this incredible experience.
Saturday, May 9th
Our yachts will turn back towards Scrub Island so we can place foot on solid ground.
We’ll check into our villas and get cozy with our ocean views, well appointed rooms, and comfortable beds!
We will have our full run of the place – beach, paddle boarding, kayaking, BARS!!
Also, we’ll take some time to explore the downtown area for shopping/sightseeing.
Sunday, May 10th
Mother’s Day will be a day of relaxation.
Our day will begin with a light breakfast followed by a yoga and meditation session.
Mother’s Day brunch will be served especially for our group and we’ll drink all the mimosas we could want…with no children in sight.
Be sure to have your tissues ready, our Mother’s Day “Mom Chat” is known to be an emotional one as we share stories of motherhood and bond over the incredible task and blessing we have been given.
We’ll also enjoy spa services and spend the day just relaxing, which is exactly what mothers should be doing on Mother’s Day!
Monday, May 11th
As much fun as we’ve had, it’s time to return home to our families. You will have access to the resort until it’s time for you to depart for your flight back home.
YACHT MOMMMA COST
6 days and 5 nights of fun, relaxation, exploration, and bonding with other moms.
*payment plans available*
Single Occupancy Rate: $750
RESERVATION FEE IS ONLY $350!!
The price includes:
- Airport/Ferry transfer to and from Scrub Island Resort
- Welcome Gift
- 3 days/3 nights on a chartered yacht
- Skipper, chef, and provisioning on yacht
- Visit to 2 islands
- Activities and meals on the islands
- Beach or Yacht Photoshoot
- Water sports:
- Paddle Boarding
- Water Trampoline
- 3 days/2 nights in a 5-star resort villa
- Yoga session
- Meditation session
- 30 minute spa service (massage, facial, scrub)
- Private Mother’s Day Brunch
- Welcome Dinner on May 6th
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner on May 7th – 10th
- Breakfast May 11th
- Some alcoholic beverages
A reservation fee of $350 is required to reserve your space.
Installment payments are available. Installments will be due on the 6th of each month. You can choose to make 9 or 4 monthly installments. Payment in full must be made by April 6, 2020.
Fees are not refundable after 24 hours but they are transferable. If, for any reason, you can’t make the trip, it is your responsibility to find a replacement, with over 17,000 moms in the FB community, we don’t think it’ll be a problem.
Payments more than 7 days late will be assessed a fee of 20% of the invoice amount.
Accounts with payments more than 45 days late will have their trip cancelled and their space resold.
At the resort, all of the rooms come with a King size bed. You will be bunking with another mom, unless you pay the single occupancy fee.
On the boat, you should expect to bunk with another mom. We will not be able to accommodate single occupancy requests for this portion of the trip.
Once you pay your deposit, you’ll receive the following:
- Your receipt (within 24 hours)
- The satisfaction of knowing that your Mother’s Day is going to be AH-MAZING (IMMEDIATELY)
Within 90 days of the trip, you will receive the following:
- Link to join our WhatsApp group
- A reminder to complete your traveler profile
- Invitation to a monthly conference call
Within 60 days of the trip, you will receive the following:
- City Details (language, exchange rate, climate, etc.)
- Customs information
- Packing Suggestions
Within 30 days of the trip, you will receive the following:
- Invitation to a weekly conference call
- Transfer and check-in details
- Transportation to/from Tortola, BVI
- Services and tours not listed
- Visa costs, if applicable
- Passport fees, if applicable
When booking your travel, we suggest arriving NO LATER than Wednesday, May 6th, as the group will be setting sail on Thursday, May 7th in the morning.
VIA SAN JUAN (SJU):
The most convenient international airport to Scrub Island is in San Juan, Puerto Rico (airport code SJU).
- From San Juan, catch a short connecting flight with scheduled service via Seaborne Airlines, Cape Air or interCaribbean Airways to the British Virgin Islands airport, Beef Island/Tortola (airport code EIS).
- Seaborne Airlines has 32-seat, air-conditioned planes and code share with Delta Airlines, American Airlines, and US Airways.
- Cape Air has small 9-seat aircraft and code share with Jet Blue Airways.
- interCaribbean Airways has a 30-seat aircraft and code share with British Airways, out of Antigua.
- Exclusive charter service is also available via Virgin Gorda Air Charter BVI, connecting Beef Island/Tortola (EIS) with service from/to San Juan (SJU), or to/from St. Thomas (STT).
VIA ST. THOMAS (STT):
You can get to Scrub Island through St. Thomas, USVI. Once in St. Thomas, catch a short taxi ride to Charlotte Amalie Ferry Dock.
- Island Time offers private water taxis from the St. Thomas Airport (STT). Learn more here.
- There are three daily fast ferries to Road Town Tortola. (12:00, 2:00 and 4:00 p.m.) The 4:00 p.m. ferry is the last ferry of the day, so it’s important to arrive in St. Thomas with plenty of time. Ferry schedule
- The ferry fees range from $55–60 round-trip from Charlotte Amalie to Road Town, Tortola. You will clear BVI Customs in Road Town.
- Once in Road Town, catch a taxi to Trellis Bay ferry dock. The taxi ride averages $27 one-way.
You can pay for your flight over time by using Airfordable. It’s basically layaway for flights! Cool, right?
You’ll get $25 off your flight by using our link here.
WANT TO EARN SOME MONEY TOWARDS YOUR TRIP?
CHECK OUT OUR REFERRAL PROGRAM:
This year, we are offering a reward for those attending the trip who bring others along. If you are attending the trip you will receive a $100 credit for each person you refer.
This credit will be provided to you via Paypal or CashApp on or after April 6th. If you are paying in installments, this credit will be applied to your final invoice.
You will be eligible for this credit ONLY if the following requirements are met:
The person you referred has not cancelled their trip or had their trip cancelled by Wandering Moms for non-payment
- The person you referred indicates you as their referral when they reserve their space by entering your “referral code” when they sign up.
- Your referral code will be your first initial + last initial + Month/Day of Birth. For instance, if your name is Sara Blake and your birthday is August 11th, your referral code will be “SB0811”. Be sure to give that to your friends when they sign up.
If you have any questions, you may email us at email@example.com.